Thursday, April 16, 2015

C4T#4

Post:
Me and My Dad
In this post Jeff Utecht shares a special memory with his dad. He tells those who are viewing the blog about the time he and his dad went to the Mariners practice during spring camp for baseball. He talks about how the pitchers are doing an exercise called Pitch Fielding Practice (PFP) and how as a child that this routine seemed pointless. He then tells how the Rookie Nelson Cruz hit a ball 400ft, and continued to do so two more times. But the real point of his post was to spread awareness for a disease in the brain called Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) which effects a persons speech patterns and executive functioning. He shares this with us because his dad is one of the people that suffers from this. He goes on to say that while being at the spring practice with his dad was one of his greatest memories, it is also one of his most difficult. His dad, who has a clear memory of the dad, could not show or  struggled to show any sort of emotional reaction. Jeff was torn about this because there was so much that he wanted to discus and share with his dad about the Mariners spring practice but he simply could not due to his fathers condition. Though he is distraught about his dad's condition he knows that he still has that memory.












My Comment:


Jeff,
Hi I am Patrick Roane and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile where I am currently studying secondary education in hopes to be a history teacher one day. I have been assigned post from different teachers throughout the semester, but I have to say that this is my favorite one. Like you I am extremely close to my dad. He’s the one guy I can talk to about anything, whether it’s good or bad or even if I just need advice. Also like you and your dad when it comes to both your common interest in the Mariners my dad and I have the same connection when it comes to Auburn Football. We go to home games, spring games, even practices. It’s one of the many common interest we have and it really brings us closer together each year. I am also truly sorry about your dads condition of Frontotemporal Dementia. I had no idea that this was even a condition that people can get and once again I am truly sorry for that. I also would like to say that I enjoyed to the memory you shared about you and your dad practicing for baseball. It brought back some memories of my own with my dad while reading about yours. I hope that my relationship with dad continues to grow and has the same strength that you clearly have with yours

No comments:

Post a Comment