Sunday, March 15, 2015

C4T #2

Post: The Least Talked About Problem in EdTech
In this post by Dean Shareski, he talks about the issue of bandwidth (or lack thereof) in schools. Dean feels that the major problem with EdTech in todays school is that they lack the proper bandwidth. He even states in his post. "Imagine teaching English using books with half the pages ripped out. That’s essentially what it’s like for teachers trying to use devices with no bandwidth." Dean feels that in order for tech teachers, or any teachers for that matter, to properly educate their students to their optimum that schools need to add more bandwidth.

My Comment:
Hi Dean, I am Patrick Roane and I am currently enrolled at the University of South Alabama where I study secondary education in hopes of becoming a teacher myself. I am currently enrolled in a course called EDM 310 where we learn how to educate through technology, Like you yourself stated in your post I too am no expert on bandwidth. However I did enjoy reading your post mostly because I had no idea that this was a problem for most schools. It is nice to see that current educators, such as yourself, share this kind of information so we as future educators can understand and be prepared for this in the future.


 
 
 
In this blog post, written by Dean Shareski, he talks about what he calls an unfair advantage. He first heard this phrase from a talk radio show call Start Up where the host ask a business man what is your unfair advantage. What this means is what do you have in order to succeed that others don't. Dean goes on to say that teachers need that unfair advantage and that you will remember the teacher that had the greatest impact on your life to have been unique.
 
 
My Comment:
 
Hi Dean,
I am Patrick Roane and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I really love this blog post and completely agree with it. The teachers that I have had in my life and have had the greatest impact on my life certainly had their own "unfair advantages". The one I remember best is my old high school English teacher, Mr. Stanquist. His "unfair advantage" was that he was simply funny. He would crack jokes and often at the expense of some of the students, in an appropriate manner of course. This made his class fun being in as well as one that all of the students looked forward to.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment