Sunday, March 15, 2015

Blog Post # 8

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture
This is by far one of the best videos I have seen this semester. Though this video is only an hour long he covered several topics. I also enjoyed how well he presented each topic and idea to the audience. He mixed in the technology from his presentation and the his own body language in a way that clearly kept the audience interested.



There were also two major points in his presentation that really stood out to me the most. The first was the topic of either you're A Tigger or an Eeyore. Meaning that you do you show or present energy and enjoyment in what you do, or simply just go through the motions. As future educators we need to be more along the lines of Tiggers rather than Eeyores. If we show our students that we enjoy the materials then they in turn might take an interest in it as well. The second was the Brick Walls. Randy says "Brick walls aren't there to keep people out. They are there to show us how badly we want something." I found this to be quite interesting. As someone who has faced many brick walls in his life so far. I have also thought that they were  there to stop us and tell us to move on. But I really like Randy's point about pushing through the wall. One must push through in order to achieve.


2 comments:

  1. I like the way you used your own life to tie into Randy Pausch's last lecture. Of all the videos we have watched, I also find this one to be the best. I have had brick walls in front of me before and I thought that they were there to make us believe that we need to go a different route or to not finish the process. Everyone can learn many things from this lecture and that is the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture are required to have alt and title modifiers. There's no excuse for not having them at this point in the semester. Please fix this. Also, be sure to proof read before publishing.

    ReplyDelete