Thursday, March 26, 2015

C4K March

Post#1: March 15, 2015

Plan test

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I thought the plan test was easy at first but after the second test i got kinda bored because it was really repetitive and i felt really tired but i also tried my best and i feel like i did really well on the plan and i hope i did. I also liked having the plan test because we got 2 days off of school which was great. I think i did really well on the English portion of the plan because all the questions seemed really easy. The part that i think i did the worst on was mathematics because it felt really confusing and I felt like I didn’t have enough time to do the work. Another confusing part of the plan was the science part because I didn’t understand the questions and I believe that they were worded weirdly but I still think I did well on the plan.


My comment:Alex,
I am Patrick Roane and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. When I was in grade school we never did the plan test, we did however did this test called the FCAT which was only taken in Florida. I too struggled with math and science especially when it came to understanding the questions.



Post # 2: March 17, 2015


Job Shadowing

 
 
 
 
 
For the Job Shadowing trip I visited Saint Joseph hospital and shadowed a nurse. I have always wanted to be involved in the medical field but I never had the opportunity to experience it for myself until that day. I shadowed a man named Marcial who was one of the nurses in the Cardiac Ward. During the time that I was shadowing him, he gave me plenty of information to take with me such as how to operate a life support machine as well as what types of drugs to prescribe to a sick patient. A lot of time was spent on the computer where he was constantly putting in the information of patients into the hospital’s network system. For people who were thinking about shadowing a nurse, I highly recommend this hospital. They really give you a hands-on experience as well as teaching you a lot of basics about the field. You have to be able to pay close attention to what the nurses tell you. The Job Shadow went well for me and I liked the job a lot. I can very much see myself working in the career in the future.


My Comment:
Patrick Roane on said: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Ariel,
I am Patrick Roane and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am glad that you had that opportunity to job shadow a nurse considering that you have a great interest in the medical field. I am studying education and I too have to do job shadowing and I too learn new things about what the job consists of each time I have the opportunity to do so.



Post #3: March 26, 2015

So B. It






Post:
The book I read is So B. It by Sarah Weeks. This book won the parents choice award.

I would not recommend this book because of the ending and it is kind of boring. If you like action packed books this not the book for you. I chose So B.It because of the trailer . If you would like to read it, its an unique book about a girl who is finding out her history.

A short summary of So B. It is a book about a girl whose mom is special and says soof a lot. One day the daughter Heidi find’s a picture of her mom and grandmother at this event for special needs people in Liberty, New York were she finds out about her dad Elliot and what soof and So B. It means. While she is in liberty something terrible happens, Heidi's world was turned upside down. If you are interested in books like this than I recommend this book.

My favorite part of the book is when she was on the bus with Georgia and they ate rebarb pie and listened to Heidi talk. I also liked  when Heidi was telling the lady who sat next to her on the bus  and she said that Churley Temple came and baked at her house and danced every where.

The type of person who I would recommend this book for is someone who likes death and a journey and a little bit of action. I would recommend it to people like this because it has all of the things in the book.

My Comment: Patrick Roane (Guest) Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Henley,
I am Patrick Roane a student at the University of South Alabama. I liked how you were honest in your review on this book about how it’s not for everyone. I’ve read other blog post from students from different schools and they just write positive reviews on the books that they have read.
\\

No comments:

Post a Comment