Monday, March 2, 2015

C4K Summary for February

 

 

February 7th  

 

SHOOTING STARS- THE STORY OF LEBRON JAMES


Shooting stars is a 5 star book about Lebron James and his high school career. It's about Him, Lil' Dru, Willie, Sian, Lebron, and Romeo. In this book the athletes never give up o there dreams, after falling short in the AAU finals, they decide to go to the same high school so they could keep playing together because they were the best of friends, and teammates. I think this book is a great book but they get cocky i there Junior year and....... Sorry can't say, read the book to find out. Check out my blog by clicking on my name Beau B. on Mr. Boylens links on the right side of his page if you scroll down.

My Comment

I had no idea that there was a book LeBron during his time in high school. Sounds like a good book that I'm going to have to read soon.

Feb 7, 2015, 11:05pm

 

 

 

 

February 14th 

Post

The First American in Space


                        

The first American in space was Alan B. Shepard. He did a solo fifteen minute sub-orbital flight, in NASA's Freedom7 capsule. He was also an astronaut in the Apolo 14 Mission.
 
 
Comment#2:
Joe,
My name is Patrick and I am a student at South Alabama. I had absolutely no idea that Alan B. Shepard was the first American to travel in space. I had always believed that it was Armstrong.





February 21st
Post #3

Lifted Research Group


 LRG is a clothing brand that encourages creativity and uncovers talent from ordinary people. LRG stands for “Lifted Research Group”. This company was created in 1999, so it is a relatively new company compared to the other popular clothing companies. They manufacture a broad range of things from shoes and socks to jeans and shirts studded with real diamonds. This brand is based out of Orange county California. LRG is continuing to grow at an astonishing rate grossing an annual 200 million dollars every year. In 2011, the company suffered a huge lost, when at age 33, the co-founder of the brand died. His name was Jonas Bevacqua and he was considered the father of LRG.  




Comment #3

Patrick Roane (Guest) Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Luke,
I’m Patrick and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I had no idea that LGR even existed and I was born before it was created. I like that this company encourages original ideas as well as get their ideas from ordinary people. Very glad to see that this company has managed to succeed despite the loss of their “father” at such an early age.


     
March 2nd

 Post #4




The Jordan Rules-The Jordan Rules is a book about Michael Jordan and the 1991 Chicago Bulls. They had an amazing season and finally got passed the Detroit Pistons for the first time in the play-offs. They went on to  face the L.A. Lakers who they would eventually beat. The book talks about the troubles and Triumphs of the Chicago Bulls- not Just Michael Jordan- which makes it more interesting. This is a good book and I give it five stars! ***** I would definitely recommend this book to a sports or basketball person.

Comment #4


Hi Beau,
I'm Patrick and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I have read many books on the Bulls and Michael Jordan but I have never heard of this one. It appears that I might I have to give a try though.

                                                                                                  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment