Thursday, January 15, 2015

I. Who am I?
   1) Name
   2) Student
   3) A son and brother

II. Why do I want to be an educator?
   1) Want to inspire others
  
III. What are my passions?
   1) History

IV. What does a educator do in his or her practice?
   1) Inspire
   2) mold next generation
   3)Educate


My name Patrick Roane and I am a student currently enrolled at the University of South Alabama in their Secondary Education department. But before I get into more details about my education at USA I would like to give a background of my life. I am currently 21 years old and I spent the first 20 years of my life in Gulf Breeze, Florida where I attend school at Gulf Breeze Elementary, Middle, and High Schools. After I graduated in 2012 I attended Pensacola State College where I studied history and received my AA in that subject. I am the middle child of my parents Roy and Kellie, and have two brother Michael (Older) and Thomas (Younger). Why do I want to be an educator? I have a major passion for history and wondered how I can turn that into a career. I also wanted to find a why to inspire others so I thought the best career path to choose was the education field.

I believe that educators are not only suppose to educate the next generation but also inspire others to excel to greatness. Teachers do more than just stand in the front of the class and read out of a standard text book of give out assignments, they are there to help mold the next generation.

2 comments:

  1. Patrick, I love your commentary on inspiring others to excel. I feel the exact same way about younger children. I think teachers should incorporate technology along with the "old school" hands on methods of learning. I hope you achieve your goals and good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, awesome post. I also like the idea of using technology along with the "old school" technique. I look forward to reading your post through out the semester.

    ReplyDelete