Sunday, January 25, 2015

Blog Post #1

   My name is Patrick Roane, this is my first (and hopefully only) time I am enrolled in EDM310. Before I enrolled in this course there were quite a few things that I have heard about it. One is that it will require you to actually take the time to do the work and do it correctly, no one will "hold your hand" so to speak, but the instructors will be there if you do need their assistance. Another is that it is extremely difficult. My peers have been known to say "This might be the hardest course in the university."  

   Before I even stepped foot into the class itself I did have a few fears about this course. I am not that skilled with computers i.e. typing and trying to understand the terms. Also I was very fearful of the work that is required in this course. It's not that I am not up for the challenge or that I hate doing it, but that I will fall behind since there are other classes that I going on this semester as well.

   During high school and the college I attended before coming to South Alabama I didn't take many classes involving computers. I'm more of an old fashion guy that enjoys (mostly because it is easier to me) learning by reading books and writing notes. But I did take a course at Pensacola State College that was the class the before this one. In that course we learned how to use all of the Microsoft software like PowerPoint Excel and Video. I do think this course will be quite difficult for me. I am not the greatest with technology. the most difficult thing I will have is trying to keep up, but I am not afraid to ask for help or admit when I am wrong which I believe is the best way to address this challenge.

   As far as what questions I have for this course there is only one I can thing. What are we going to get out of this course? I am not saying that this class is pointless, I am simply asking what are we going to learn. The best way to answer that question is to just simply show up for class, do the work, and ask for help.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment