Friday, January 30, 2015

Blog Post #3

What is peer editing? Peer editing is when you give constructive feedback or advice to a classmate on an assignment. When you start to the process of peer editing you first need to take into account how you yourself would like to be critiqued. You must approach your peer with and discuss their mistakes with a positive attitude and say things like " I really like your topic." Though you must approach them with a positive attitude you must be honest with your peer, otherwise the next time they do a similar assignment their work might not improve.




In terms of editing my peers blogs in EDM310. I will editing them and help them the same why I would want to be edited. I would use the three steps described in the slide show presentation Peer Edit with Perfection! Which Compliments, Suggestions, and Corrections.  I personally find peer editing important for students. It is way for students to interact with one another and learn new ideas and whys to approach and accomplish certain assignments. I find it to be less stressful when a peer is editing or reviewing my work. Instructors can and usually approach their students in a positive way, however that is not always the case. While a peer understands what you yourself are dealing with in terms of stress for an assignment and can help critique you in a more friendly approach

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patrick!
    I like how you stated the definition of peer editing first. The statement, "when you start the process of peer editing you first need to take into account how you yourself would like to be critiqued", I think is an important aspect to peer editing. If you edit someone's paper harshly just imagine how you would feel if someone else criticized your writing and didn't approach it politely. Peer editing to me is important for students as well, I feel it helps students get feedback on their own grade level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to use alt/title modifiers with your pictures.

    ReplyDelete