Sunday, February 22, 2015

Blog Post #6

I found it very interesting watching these videos about Project Based Learning. Before watching these videos with Anthony and Dr. Strange I had little to no understanding of Project Based Learning (PBL) or even what PBL actually is. Also, I was really fascinated with the fact that not only was Anthony a 3rd grade, which showed us students an example of a teacher using PBL, but also that he was a former student of EDM 310. The fact that he was a former student of this course show us current students of the course that this method is being put into practice. After watching Project Based Learning Part I and Project Based Learning Part II I am more intrigued to learn more about PBL. Not only is this method excellent for showing us as future educators that our students are actually understanding the material, but from these videos it seems to be the direction in which we are moving in. The other Video that stood out to me was The Anthony Strange Tips for Teaching Part I. What really stood out to me in this video was the first two tips that they introduced to us. The first being that as educators we need to love to learn. This is true because if we as educators do not love to learn ourselves then how are going to be able to help the next generation. The second was learning and teaching outside of school. At first I found this tip to be complete nonsense, but after thinking about it I believe that this is very important. We as educators need to constantly be teaching. If a student or parent has a question we can't just answer them during school hours. We need to constantly be teaching in order to truly help our students.

2 comments:

  1. Patrick,
    I too have learned a lot from the interviews Dr. Strange did with Anthony Capps. I think that it is essential for us as future teachers to be passionate about learning constantly. I believe that this is what makes us the absolute best teachers we can be. I enjoyed reading your blog post. It was very thorough and explained a few good points made by Anthony and Dr. Strange. I did not find any spelling or grammatical errors in your post. Your links work and you also included an image that represents your post well. Just remember to include your title and alt tag modifiers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each picture you include in a blog post must have alt and title modifiers. There is no excuse for not having them at this point in the semester. Please fix this.

    ReplyDelete