Thursday, February 12, 2015

Blog Post #5

What are Personal Learning Networks?
Personal Learning Networks (PLN) are way for students, a people in general, to learn. A PLN is way of learning on the web or internet with other people from around the work. With a PLN you can share knowledge, thoughts, and topics with anyone associated with that PLN. I myself am still new to understanding PLN's but with the little experience I have with them I have found them to be extremely useful.

How can PLN's help us as Teachers?
PLN's can be very helpful to teachers. They can help teachers interact with other teachers not only in their school or area, but with others all most anywhere. with these teachers can discuss how they are approaching a certain topic in class, or maybe even helping other teachers by giving them new ideas to help their students excel in the classroom.

How are PLN's formed and created?
PLN's are usually formed by people with similar interests, topics, or even questions. The reason being that you do want to be a part of one that will not help you with any questions or topics that you need. Many PLN's are often created with people realizing it. I have recently discovered that have created one or two myself with out knowing it. Social Networking Sites such as Twitter and Facebook can actually be labeled as PLN's. You can create private or open groups in these sites and interact with teachers, students, etc. and discuss specific questions and topics.

Who are my first additions to my PLN?
Mine were when I started following my EDM 310 instructors on Twitter. However when I start my very own PLN I would to have one that focuses on the subject of American History. I want to able to interact with others you are more knowledgeable in this subject so I can learn new facts and opinions about America.

2 comments:

  1. Patrick,
    Your passion for History shows in every blog that you do. I enjoyed that you can apply your PLN to your chosen subject area. You explained the thought process behind PLN's well. Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick,
    Your passion for History shows in every blog that you do. I enjoyed that you can apply your PLN to your chosen subject area. You explained the thought process behind PLN's well. Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete